What is mono propylene glycol?
Glycols are compounds that contain two hydroxyl groups attached to separate carbon atoms. Mono propylene glycol is a synthetic organic compound and is viscous. Propylene glycol is a diluent and solvent with a low vapor pressure. It is highly soluble in most organic solvents.
Mono Propylene Glycol is completely miscible with water, similar to all other glycols. It combines with a freezing point where precipitation can occur when mixed with water. For this reason, it is widely used in different industries and industries. Its low toxicity is also a factor in its widespread use.
MPG is soluble in water, alcohol, gasoline, acetone, chloroform, ether and ethanol. While it can dissolve well in essential oils, it cannot dissolve in fixed oils.
It has different types as Propylene Glycol, mono propylene glycol, di propylene glycol and tri propylene glycol.
In addition, mono propylene glycol (MPG) has different names such as propylene glycol farma, Mono Propylene Glycol USP, 1,2-Dihydroxypropane and 1,2-Propanediol.
How is mono propylene glycol produced?
Mono Propylene Glycol is most commonly obtained by non-catalytic hydrolysis of propylene oxide under high pressure and temperature.
Another production method of Mono Propylene Glycol is the method of displacement of ions. In this production method, MPG is obtained by replacing anions and cations. Here, some sulfuric acid is produced by alkaline chemical and non-catalytic mono propylene glycol ion exchange resin at 150 degrees.
In addition, as a result of the reaction of hydrogen peroxide and propylene oxide, propylene glycol and other products could be obtained.
Mono Propylene Glycol should be stored away from flame, high temperature and sunlight.
In case of contact with human skin and eyes, it should be washed with plenty of water. Mixing with the drinking water can cause serious harm to human body.
What does mono propylene glycol look like?
It is a colorless and clear liquid substance with a mild taste but odourless.
It has a density of 1.04 g/cm3 at 64 °C.
It has a solubility of 1000mg/ml at 20°C.
Its boiling point is 187.6 C at 760 mm civic pressure.
Its melting point is -60 C.
It has a solubility of 1000 mg/ml at 20 °C.
What is the molecular formula of mono propylene glycol?
The formula for mono propylene glycol molars is C3H8O2.
In which industries is mono propylene glycol used?
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food Production Sector
- Chemical Production
- Veterinary Practices
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Industry
- Cinema and Theater Sector
- Vehicle and Aircraft Industry
What are the usage areas (processes) of mono propylene glycol?
Since mono propylene glycol is used in many different sectors, it is produced in different ways.
- Bovine ketosis (acetonemia) may occur due to fatty liver in dairy cows during pregnancy. This discomfort causes digestive problems in animals, weakening of animals and decreased productivity in milk. Acetonemia will be cured by administering 6 to 16 doses of mono propylene glycol to dairy cattle for 10 days.
- It is used as an antifreeze in application areas that may come into contact with food in the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
- Propylene glycol is used as a moisturizer in the production of products such as shampoo, bath foam, baby wipes and make-up products in the Personal Care production sector.
- It is also used as a humidifier in the production of ultrasound gel as a medical material.
- Propylene Glycol USP is used to synthesize topical, injectable and orally administered formulations as solvent chemicals.
- Mono propylene glycol is also used in the manufacture of many chemical substances as a solvent chemical. For example, it is used as a solvent in flow processes in the production of chemicals such as paint manufacturing, plastic industry, food dyes, flavoring agents.
- It is also used in the pharmaceutical, food and cosmetic industries in order to retain the moisture and absorb excess water.
- It is used as an additive in the production of some foods in the food industry.
- Propylene glycol is used in the production of polyester compounds to carry out the disinfection process.
- It is used in the production of artificial smoke, which is used in the fire fighting scenes in the cinema sector and in the plays in the theater sector.
- Mono propylene glycol is used in the manufacture of aircraft wings and vehicles with its antifreeze feature. When monopropylene glycol is mixed with water, the freezing point of water decreases. For this reason, it is used in the windshield wiper water of vehicles in winter. It also ensures that the wings of the aircraft become resistant to the danger of freezing.
What is Mono Proylene Glycol MEG Sales Price?
You can call us to learn about the current sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can I Buy Mono Proylene Glycol MEG?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply mono propylene glycol.