What is Manganese Sulphate?
Manganese(II) sulfate is the inorganic compound with the formula MnSO4. It is a light pink moisture-melting solid, commercially important manganese(II) salt. It is the precursor of manganese metal and many other chemical compounds. Manganese-deficient soil is removed with this salt.
Like many metal sulfates, manganese sulfate forms various hydrates: monohydrate, tetrahydrate, pentahydrate, and heptahydrate. All these salts dissolve in water to give 2+ pale pink solutions of aquo complex [Mn (H2O) 6].
Manganese(II) sulfate minerals are very rare in nature and always exist as hydrates.
How is Manganese Sulphate produced?
Manganese ores are purified by converting them to manganese(II) sulfate. Treatment of aqueous solutions of sulfate with sodium carbonate leads to precipitation of manganese carbonate, whose oxides can be calcined to give MnOx.
In the laboratory, manganese sulfate can be made by treating manganese dioxide with sulfur dioxide:
MnO2 + SO2 + H2O → MnSO4 (H2O)
Secondly, manganese sulfate can also be obtained by mixing potassium permanganate with sodium bisulfate and hydrogen peroxide.
How does Manganese Sulphate look?
It exists in the form of a light/pale pink solid or a white crystalline form.
What is the molecular formula of Manganese Sulphate?
Molecular Formula: MnSO4 · H2O
In which sectors is Manganese Sulphate used?
- In animal feed
- As a fertilizer in the agricultural sector
- In the battery manufacturing industry
- In drinking water treatment
- steel industry
- Aluminum and manganese alloys
What are the usage areas (processes) of Manganese Sulphate?
- Manganese, which is necessary for the healthy growth of pasture animals, is used as a supplement in case of deficiency in animals, chemical products containing manganese sulphate.
- Manganese sulphate is used in the fertilizer contents used to eliminate manganese deficiency in calcareous soils and alkaline soils.
- It is used in the purification of drinking water.
- Manganese sulfate is used in steel making to increase its durability.
- Manganese sulfate is used to prevent corrosion of manganese and aluminum-containing alloys.
- Manganese sulfate is a byproduct of various industrially important oxidations used in manganese dioxide, including the production of hydroquinone and anisaldehyde.
- Electrolysis of manganese sulfate yields manganese dioxide, called EMD for electrolytic manganese dioxide. Alternatively, oxidation of manganese sulfate with potassium permanganate gives the chemical manganese dioxide (CMD). These materials, especially EMD, are used in dry cell batteries.
What is the Manganese Sulphate Sales Price?
You can call us to learn the current manganese sulphate sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can I Buy Manganese Sulphate?
As SoleChem Kimya, we are selling and supplying manganese sulfate.