What is Magnesium Sulfate?
Magnezyum sülfat, magnezyum katyonları Mg2 + (kütlece %20.19) ve sülfat anyonlarından SO2−4 oluşan, MgS04 formülüne sahip bir tuz olan kimyasal bir bileşiktir. Suda çözülebilen ancak etanolde çözülemeyen beyaz kristal bir katıdır.
Magnesium sulfate is usually found in the form of a hydrate MgSO4 · nH2O for various n values between 1 and 11. The most common is the heptahydrate MgSO4 · 7H2O, known as Epsom salt, which is a household chemical that has many traditional uses, including bath salts.
The main use of magnesium sulfate is in agriculture to correct soils lacking magnesium (an essential plant nutrient). Its anhydrous form and several hydrates are found in nature as minerals and salts and are the most important components of water.
How is Magnesium Sulphate produced?
Magnesium sulfate is usually obtained directly from dry lake beds and other natural sources. It can also be prepared by reacting magnesite (magnesium carbonate, MgCO3) or magnesia (oxide, MgO) with sulfuric acid.
Another possible method is to treat seawater or industrial waste containing magnesium to precipitate magnesium hydroxide and react the precipitate with sulfuric acid.
What does Magnesium Sulphate look like?
In powder form, whitish transparent color
What is the molecular formula of Magnesium Sulphate?
Molecular Formula: MgSO4
In which sectors is Magnesium Sulphate used?
- in the medical sector
- in the agricultural industry
- In the food preparation process
- Construction industry, cement making
- in aquariums
What are the usage areas (processes) of Magnesium Sulphate?
- Magnesium sulfate can be used internally and externally. The main external use is in the formulation of bath salts to soothe aching feet, especially for foot baths. Such baths have also been claimed to soothe and accelerate recovery from muscle pain, soreness or injury. However, these claims have not been scientifically confirmed.
- Prevents temporary skin wrinkling caused by prolonged immersion in plain water.
- Internally, magnesium sulfate can be administered by the oral, respiratory, or intravenous routes. Internal uses include replacement therapy for magnesium deficiency, treatment of acute and severe arrhythmias, as a bronchodilator in the treatment of asthma, and prevention of eclampsia.
- In agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to increase the magnesium or sulfur content in the soil. It is most commonly applied to potted plants or magnesium-hungry crops such as potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, lemons and roses. The advantage of magnesium sulfate over other magnesium soil amendments (such as dolomitic lime) is its high solubility, which allows a foliar feeding option. Magnesium sulfate solutions are nearly pH neutral compared to the alkaline magnesium salts found in limestone; therefore, the use of magnesium sulfate as a source of magnesium for the soil does not significantly alter the soil pH.
- Magnesium sulfate is used as a brewing salt in brewing.
- It can also be used as a coagulant to make tofu.
- Anhydrous magnesium sulfate is widely used as a desiccant in organic synthesis because of its affinity for water and its compatibility with most organic compounds.
- Magnesium sulfate is used to prepare special cements with better bonding ability and greater resistance than Portland cement by the reaction between magnesium oxide and magnesium sulfate solution.
- Magnesium (or sodium) sulfate is also used to test aggregates for strength according to ASTM C88 when the material has no service record under actual weather conditions.
- Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate is also used to maintain the magnesium concentration in marine aquariums containing large amounts of stony coral, as it is slowly depleted during the calcification process.
What is the Sales Price of Magnesium Sulphate?
You can call us to find out the current magnesium sulfate sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can I Buy Magnesium Sulphate?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply magnesium sulfate.