What is L-Carnitine?
Carnitine is a quaternary ammonium compound involved in metabolism in most mammals, plants, and some bacteria. To support energy metabolism, carnitine transports long-chain fatty acids to the mitochondria to be oxidized for energy production, and also participates in the removal of metabolic products from cells. Given its essential metabolic roles, carnitine is concentrated in tissues such as skeletal and cardiac muscle that metabolize fatty acids as an energy source. Healthy individuals, including strict vegetarians, naturally synthesize enough L-carnitine to not require supplementation.
Carnitine exists as one of two stereoisomers (two enantiomers d-carnitine (S-(+)-) and l-carnitine (R-(-)-)). Both are biologically active, but only l-carnitine occurs naturally in animals and d-carnitine is toxic as it inhibits the activity of the l-form. At room temperature, pure carnitine is a white powder and is a water-soluble dipolar ion with low toxicity. Derived from amino acids, carnitine was first obtained from meat extracts in 1905.
Some people with genetic or medical disorders (such as preterm babies) are unable to produce enough carnitine, requiring dietary supplementation. The use of carnitine supplements for improved exercise performance or recovery is common among athletes.
How is L-Carnitine produced?
L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine) It is obtained from glycerin by enantioselective method.
What does L-Carnitine look like?
It is a white, hygroscopic chemical substance in crystalline form.
What is the molecular formula of L-Carnitine?
Molecular Formula: C7H15NO3
In which sectors is L-Carnitine used?
- cosmetics industry
- sports food
- animal food
- Pharmaceutical and medical industry
What are the usage areas (processes) of L-Carnitine?
- L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine) is used as a component that promotes fat burning in the content of cellulite removal and preventive gels.
- It is used as a weight loss and energy replenishing agent in sports nutrition and supplements.
- L-Carnitine is used as a substance that prevents muscle deterioration in the content of pet dog foods. It is also used in the feed of poultry and cattle.
- It is used to increase antioxidant effects in Vitamin C and Vitamin E compounds.
- L-Carnitine is used in baby foods containing soy for fat absorption.
- Diabetes medications contain L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine).
- It can also be found in the content of drugs to increase appetite.
- It is in the content of drugs produced to reduce the rate of triglycerides in the blood.
- The drugs produced to prevent excess fat accumulation in the heart, liver and muscles of humans and animals contain L-Carnitine.
What is the Selling Price of L-Carnitine?
You can call us to find out the current L-Carnitine sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can I Buy L-Carnitine?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply L-Carnitine.