What is Citric Acid?
Sitrik asit, karboksilik asitler arasında bulunan organik bir bileşiktir. Halk dilinde limon tuzu olarak da bilinir. Birçok hayvanın vücut sıvısında ve özellikle turunçgillerde olmak üzere birçok bitkinin içeriğinde sitrik asit bulunmaktadır. Örneğin limon yapısında %80 oranında sitrik asit içermektedir ve bu meyvelere ekşiliğini veren madde budur. Sitrik asidin pH değeri 3,5’tur.
Citric acid is actively used in many fields of activity of the industry in order to meet the needs of the increasingly crowded world population. Citric acid has been used as an additive in our foods for several centuries and has a very important place in today's food industry.
How is citric acid produced?
Citric acid was first obtained by the Swedish scientist Carl Wilhelm in 1784 by crystallization of lemon juice, and it became used in many industries in a short time. Although citric acid is naturally abundant in citrus fruits and fruits, producing citric acid from these fruits is costly and difficult. Therefore, today, citric acid is produced from sugar by utilizing various yeasts and bacteria. Citric acid produced from sugar can be found suitable for use in many production and industrial areas.
What are citric acid reactions?
It is oxidized in substances such as citric acid permanganate, persulfate, periodate, manganese dioxide, nitric acid, hypochlorite, chromate.
Citric acid chelates/chelates with multivalent metal ions and gives different complexes. Therefore, citrate and citric acid are used to control metal contamination. While metal ions are normally colored, they become colorless or slightly colored when citrate is present. At different pH values, metal hydroxides may precipitate and the citrate complex may dissolve. In the case of metal ions, organic molecules can decompose catalytically, while citric acid can stabilize metal ions by forming a clamp. Chelate is an equilibrium reaction. Chelate ions and metal ions can always be found free together.
What does citric acid look like?
Citric acid is in solid form, white in color and crystalline.
What is the molecular formula of citric acid?
The molecular formula of citric acid is C6H8O7.
In which sectors is citric acid used?
- Metal Production and Processing
- Food industry
- Beverage Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Agriculture Sector
What are the uses (processes) of citric acid?
- Citric acid is used in the metal cleaning process.
- Citric acid is used in industry to remove rust from steel.
- It is used as an additive in household cleaning products.
- Citric acid is used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Citric acid, with the preservative code name E330, is used to increase the durability of some organic products and foods, especially canned products.
- It is used in the food industry to control and balance the pH ratio.
- It is used to flavor many soft drinks alone or in combination with citrate salts.
- In confectionery production, citric acid is used to add tartness and prevent sugar from crystallizing.
- It is widely used in fermented food products, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, packaged ready-made food products such as cakes, biscuits, Turkish delight, ice cream, products such as instant soup and frozen potatoes, tomato paste and canned food.
What is the selling price of citric acid?
You can call us to find out the current citric acid sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where can citric acid be bought?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply citric acid.