What is Ammonium BiFluoride?
Ammonium BiFluoride is the inorganic compound with the formula NH4HF2 or NH4F · HF. It is produced with ammonia and hydrogen fluoride. This colorless salt is a glass abrasive and is intended as an intermediate in the production of hydrofluoric acid. It is soluble in water and dissolution produces hydrofluoric acid.
Other names are Ammonium Hydrogen Fluoride; Ammonium Acid Fluoride; Ammonium Hydrofluoride; They are Ammonium DiFluoride and Ammonium Hydrogen DiFluoride.
Ammonium bifluoride, as the name suggests, contains an ammonium cation (NH4+) and a bifluoride or hydrogen (difluoride), anion (HF2−). In solid [NH4][HF2], each ammonium cation is surrounded by four fluoride centers in a tetrahedron, with hydrogen-fluorine hydrogen bonds between the hydrogen atoms of the ammonium ion and the fluorine atoms.
How is Ammonium Bifluoride produced?
Ammonium bifluoride is obtained by synthesizing ammonia and hydrogen fluoride.
What does Ammonium Bifluoride look like?
It exists as a white solid crystalline salt.
What is the molecular formula of Ammonium BiFluoride?
Molecular formula: NH4HF2
In which sectors is Ammonium BiFluoride used?
- metal industry
- Power stations and the electricity sector
- glass manufacturing industry
- food industry
- Alcoholic beverage production industry
- Milk and dairy products production sector
- Surface cleaners
What are the usage areas (processes) of Ammonium BiFluoride?
- Ammonium bifluoride is used as an additive in tin-nickel plating processes because the fluoride ion acts as a complexing agent with the tin, providing greater control over the resulting composition and finish.
- It can be used as a polisher for metal surfaces.
- Ammonium bifluoride is used for the production of Sodium Bifluoride.
- Ammonium bifluoride has been recognized as an intermediate in the production of hydrofluoric acid from hexafluorosilicic acid. Therefore, hexafluorosilicic acid is hydrolyzed to yield ammonium fluoride, which thermally decomposes to yield ammonium bifluoride.
- Ammonium bifluoride is a component of some cauterizers. It attacks the silica component of the glass.
- It is widely used in the glass manufacturing industry. It is a very important component for the glass to take its final shape and become smooth.
- It is used as a sterilization agent in the food production sector and in milk and dairy products production facilities.
- It is used for the purification of beer dispensing tubes.
- It is used as an auxiliary component in the production of degreasing chemicals.
- It is used as a cleaning and disinfecting agent in power stations.
What is the Sales Price of Ammonium Bifluoride?
You can call us to find out the current ammonium bifluoride sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can I Buy Ammonium Bifluoride?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply ammonium bifluoride.