What is Aerosil 200?
Fumed silica, also known as pyrogenic silica because it is produced in the flame, consists of microscopic amorphous silica droplets fused into branched, chain-like, three-dimensional secondary particles, which are then aggregated into tertiary particles. The resulting powder has an extremely low bulk density and high surface area. Its three-dimensional structure results in viscosity-increasing, thixotropic behavior when used as a thickener or reinforcing filler.
Since it is a hydrophilic substance, it can absorb the water in its environment.
Other names are cabosil, silica, silicon dioxide, fumed silica, officeis, pyrogenic silica, and fumed silica.
It is generally insoluble in acids and organic solvents. It is soluble in hydrofluoric acid and sodium hydroxide.
How is Aerosil 200 produced?
Aerosil 200 is produced by hydrolysis of chlorosilanes using a high temperature oxygen-hydrogen flame.
How does the Aerosil 200 look?
It is in the form of amorphous powder, odorless, grayish transparent in color.
What is the molecular formula of Aerosil 200?
Molecular Formula: SiO2
In which sectors is Aerosil 200 used?
- It is used as a thickener, thickener and drier in many sectors.
- In the cosmetics industry
- In the personal care industry
- in the food industry
- sports tablets
- Aquarium accessories and supplies
- Paints and coatings
- Adhesive production
- Cat litter production
What are the Aerosil 200 usage areas (processes)?
- Fumed silica acts as a universal thickening agent and anti-solidification agent (free flowing agent) in powders. It acts as a desiccant like silica gel.
- It is used in cosmetics because of its light-emitting properties.
- It is used as a mild abrasive in products such as toothpaste.
- It is used as an anti-caking and fluidizing agent in teabags.
- It is used together with L-Carnitine and L-Tartaric Acid in chewable tablets used by athletes.
- It is used in the production of aquarium accessories to ensure the water resistance of paints.
- It is used as filler in silicone elastomer and viscosity adjustment in paints, coatings, printing inks, adhesives and unsaturated polyester resins.
- It is also used as the main material in the production of cat litter box filler and in the production of vacuum insulated panels.
- Moreover, fumed silica nanoparticles could potentially be used as effective anti-aging coatings in asphalt pavements.
What is the Aerosil 200 Sales Price?
You can call us to find out the current aerosil 200 sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where Can Aerosil 200 Be Purchased?
As SoleChem Kimya, we are selling and supplying aerosil 200.