What is Acetic Acid?
Acetic acid with the formula CH3COOH is an organic acid. Acetic acid is also known as ethanoic acid. Vinegar gets its pungent smell and sour taste from acetic acid. It is one of the smallest carboxylic acids.
Diluted acetic acid is harmless. But a concentrated solution of acetic acid is harmful to living things. In humans and animals, it can fatally alter the acidity of the blood and cause damage to the digestive system. Exposure to strong acetic acid can cause permanent eye damage, skin blisters and burns. To prevent this damage, nitrile protection gloves should be worn when working with acetic acid.
Acetic acid may ignite at temperatures above 39 degrees Celsius and form explosive mixtures with air.
How is acetic acid produced?
Acetic acid can be manufactured both synthetically and biologically in the industry. It is formed in nature by the oxidation of carbohydrates.
What Are Acetic Acid Reactions?
Acetic acid is completely soluble in water.
What does acetic acid look like?
Acetic acid is liquid, colorless and has a pungent odour.
What is the molecular formula of acetic acid?
The molecular formula of acetic acid is CH3COOH or C2H4O2.
In which sectors is acetic acid used?
- Vinegar Making
- Food industry
- Plastic Production Industry
- Chemical raw material in industry
- Cleaning equipment
What are the uses (processes) of acetic acid?
- Asetik asitten ilk olarak sirke yapımında besinlerin bozulmasına sebep olarak mikroorganizmaların oluşmasını engellemek amacıyla faydalanılır. Sirke içerisinde %4 ila %5 oranında asetik asit barındırır, turşu yapımında ise bu oran %18 civarındadır. Turşu yapımında gıdaların uzun ömürlü bozulmadan tüketilebilmesini sağlamak için en etkili yöntem budur.
- In industry, acetic acid is used as a raw material in the production of many chemicals. For example, vinyl acetate, which is used in the production of polyvinyl acetate, known as wood glue, is obtained by utilizing acetic acid.
- Acetic acid is used in the production of acetic anhydride and acetic ester.
- Acetic acid is used as a solvent in the production of terephthalic acid, which is used for the production of pet plastics. This use of acetic acid is very important and accounts for %5-10 of all uses of this acid.
- In the food industry, acetic acid is used as an additive with its buffer feature under the name E260.
- House cleaning is another use of acetic acid. Because it is a weak acid, dilute acetic acid, in other words vinegar, can be used at home. It cleans the lime and accumulations accumulated on surfaces such as glass and steel.
- Sodium acetate, a derivative of acetic acid, is used in the food industry and weaving industry.
- Cellulose acetate, another derivative of acetic acid, is used for the production of photographic film.
What is the selling price of acetic acid?
You can call us to find out the current acetic acid sales prices and take advantage of the best prices.
Where can acetic acid be bought?
As SoleChem Kimya, we sell and supply acetic acid.